Latvian Political Science Association (LPSA) is a non-governmental organization founded in 2003. The LPSA is an organization comprising together more than 40 professionals in order to promote political science as a discipline, foster publice debates on domestic and international political processes.
Aims of the LPSA:
1) To serve as a platform for professionals for the exchange of ideas, methods and practices in teaching political science;
2) To promote cross-disciplinary and cross-institutional research on relevant issues;
3) To assist in publishing research results of political scientists;
4) To foster a dialogue between political scientists and policy makers;
5) To provide policy analysis for private and public institutions in order to improve quality of policy decisions;
6) To organize public debates on current political issues.
Main projects and publictaions:
1) Organization of international conference „Europe. Before 100 After” (2017-2018), in cooperation with the European Union Representation in Latvia and the Latvian Institute.
2) Public debate on Latvia’s Presidency in the EU Council (2013-2014), supported by the Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
3) Policy Report for the European Parliament that served as background document for the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region – “The Baltic Sea Region after the Enlargement of the European Union: Future Prospects” (2006), supported by the European Parliament;
4) The first comprehensive study on the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region – “EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: a Year After and Beyond” (2010), supported by the Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union Representation in Latvia;
5) Publishing of the journal “Latvijas intereses Eiropas Savienībā” (Latvian interests in the European Union) since 2011, supported by the Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Latvian Ministry of Defense
European Union Representation in Latvia
European Parliament Information Bureau in Latvia
Nordic Council of Ministers’ Office in Latvia
Embassy of the United States of America in Latvia
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung